Tween Reebok Classic Nylon Athletic Shoe
Get them ready for recess with a classic sneaker that never goes out of style, with the Classic Athletic Shoe from Reebok. They'll stand out in style with the awesome new Classic Athletic Shoe, sporting durable nylon uppers with breathable mesh lining, suede overlays, and durable rubber outsole for abrasion-resistant traction.
- Durable nylon upper with breathable textile lining and suede overlays
- Padded tongue and collar for premium comfort and support
- Lace closure offers a secure fit
- Cushioned footbed for comfort
- EVA midsole delivers lightweight cushion and impact resistance
- Non-marking rubber outsole provides flexible traction
Reebok's United Kingdom-based ancestor company was founded for one of the best reasons possible: athletes wanted to run faster. So, in the 1890s, Joseph William Foster made some of the first known running shoes with spikes in them. By 1895, he was in business making shoes by hand for top runners; and before long his fledgling company, J.W. Foster and Sons, developed an international clientele of distinguished athletes. The family-owned business proudly made the running shoes worn in the 1924 Summer Games by the athletes celebrated in the film "Chariots of Fire."
In 1958, two of the founder's grandsons started a companion company that came to be known as Reebok, named for an African gazelle.