Mens Sperry Top-Sider Authentic Original Bionic Boat Shoe
Style #: 99919373Sperry Top-Sider is turning trash into treasure this season with the new Sperry Top-Sider Authentic Original Bionic Boat Shoe! This patchwork boat shoe rocks a sailcloth-style upper made from Bionic, a material that uses recycled plastic from the ocean floor, and features a lightweight rubber outsole with Wave-Siping™ technology for traction on wet or dry surfaces. Available online at Journeys.com!
- Sailcloth-inspired upper made with Bionic yarn, a recycled ocean floor plastic material
- Soft, abrasion-resistant lining
- Lace closure with durable leather laces and rust-proof eyelets offers a secure fit
- Removable cushioned footbed contours to foot to maximize comfort and support
- Non-marking rubber outsole with Wave-Siping™ technology delivers flexible traction on wet or dry surfaces
As Paul Sperry watched his cocker spaniel, Prince, run across the ice on a winter's day in Connecticut, he noticed his dog's amazing ability to maintain traction on the slippery surface. Turning over Prince's paw, he observed hundreds of tiny cracks and cuts going in all directions. These wave-like grooves became the inspiration for Mr. Sperry's latest patent, called Razor-Siping™. and were instrumental in maximizing the traction and performance of the Authentic Original Sperry Top-Sider first introduced in 1935. Since inventing the first boat shoe, our brand continues to share our "Passion for the Sea" with those who enjoy the good life in, on and around the ocean.