Womens Reebok Freestyle Hi Athletic Shoe
Showcase your fierce style with the new Freestyle Hi Athletic Shoe from Reebok! As comfortable as they are stylish, the Freestyle Hi Athletic Shoe rocks soft leather uppers with color-matched side stripes, dual hook-and-loop strap fasteners for a comfortable and secure fit, and durable rubber outsole for flexible traction.
- Smooth leather upper with breathable textile lining
- Padded tongue and collar for comfort and support around the ankle
- Lace closure offers a secure fit
- Dual hook-and-loop strap fasteners offer a secure fit
- Color-matched side stripes
- Cushioned EVA midsole provides impact resistance and comfort
- High abrasion rubber outsole delivers flexible traction
Reebok's United Kingdom-based ancestor company was founded for one of the best reasons possible: athletes wanted to run faster. So, in the 1890s, Joseph William Foster made some of the first known running shoes with spikes in them. By 1895, he was in business making shoes by hand for top runners; and before long his fledgling company, J.W. Foster and Sons, developed an international clientele of distinguished athletes. The family-owned business proudly made the running shoes worn in the 1924 Summer Games by the athletes celebrated in the film "Chariots of Fire."
In 1958, two of the founder's grandsons started a companion company that came to be known as Reebok, named for an African gazelle.