Get ready to roll with the sweet style of the new Dual Up X2 Skate Sneaker from Heelys! Add some fairy tale flair to their style with the Dual Up X2 Skate Shoe, featuring smooth faux leather uppers with allover candy graphics of unicorns, dinosaurs, rainbows, and more. Available online at JourneysKidz.com!
- 100% vegan-friendly construction
- Synthetic leather upper with breathable textile lining
- Padded tongue and collar for support and comfort
- Elastic laces with hook-and-loop strap fastener for a secure fit
- 2x2 double wheels with ABEC 1 bearings
- Abrasion resistant brake pad
- Lightweight dual-density rubber outsole delivers flexible traction
Heelys are the shoes with a wheel in the heel. They allow you to walk, run and switch to a roll at any moment.
Heelys were first invented by Roger Adams in 2000 while he was on vacation in Huntington Beach, CA. While watching kids skate up and down the streets on their inline skates, Roger thought of the idea of a shoe that could roll on command by just shifting your body weight from the front of your feet to your heels. He quickly got to work in his garage, cutting out the heels of a pair of Nike running shoes, running rods through each heel, and using one of the wheels bearings that come on a skateboard. Those first pair of Heelys needed some work, but when they eventually rolled into stores they sold out in a matter of minutes.
Since then, Heelys has gone on to sell millions of pairs of shoes in over 70 countries, allowing kids and adults to skate in malls, parking lots, or on pretty much any stretch of concrete they can find.