Timeless athletic appeal meets modern innovation in the new Reebok x Heelys CL Court Low Skate Shoe! These low-profile sneakers boast a 100% vegan design made with smooth faux leather uppers, breathable mesh lining, signature Reebok side stripes, and durable rubber outsole with removable wheels. Available online at Journeys.com!
- 100% vegan construction
- Smooth synthetic leather uppers with breathable mesh lining
- Padded tongue and collar for premium comfort and support
- Reebok side stripes and logo graphic
- Lace closure offers a secure fit
- Cushioned footbed for comfort
- EVA midsole delivers lightweight cushion and impact resistance
- Removable low profile wheels
- ABEC 5 bearings for a smooth ride
- Durable rubber outsole with abrasion resistant brake pad
Heelys are the shoes with a wheel in the heel. They allow you to walk, run and switch to a roll at any moment.
Heelys were first invented by Roger Adams in 2000 while he was on vacation in Huntington Beach, CA. While watching kids skate up and down the streets on their inline skates, Roger thought of the idea of a shoe that could roll on command by just shifting your body weight from the front of your feet to your heels. He quickly got to work in his garage, cutting out the heels of a pair of Nike running shoes, running rods through each heel, and using one of the wheels bearings that come on a skateboard. Those first pair of Heelys needed some work, but when they eventually rolled into stores they sold out in a matter of minutes.
Since then, Heelys has gone on to sell millions of pairs of shoes in over 70 countries, allowing kids and adults to skate in malls, parking lots, or on pretty much any stretch of concrete they can find.