Coast into next season with cool confidence and light up flair in the new Premium Lights Skate Shoe from Heelys! This light up Heelys skate shoe features a sturdy synthetic upper with lace closure, light up sole, and low-profile removable wheels. The Heelys Premium Lights boasts 12 separate LED light up settings and even includes a USB connector for recharging the lights! Available online at JourneysKidz.com!
- Sturdy synthetic upper with breathable mesh lining
- Light up sole for flashy rolling
- Padded tongue and collar for comfort
- Lace closure offers a secure fit
- Low profile wheels with ABEC 5 bearings
- Durable rubber outsole delivers premium grip and traction
- 12 unique light settings
- Push-button switch control on tongue
- Rechargeable LED lights via USB connector in tongue
- Dual prong charger included for charging both shoes at once
- Allow 3 hours for full charge
Heelys are the shoes with a wheel in the heel. They allow you to walk, run and switch to a roll at any moment.
Heelys were first invented by Roger Adams in 2000 while he was on vacation in Huntington Beach, CA. While watching kids skate up and down the streets on their inline skates, Roger thought of the idea of a shoe that could roll on command by just shifting your body weight from the front of your feet to your heels. He quickly got to work in his garage, cutting out the heels of a pair of Nike running shoes, running rods through each heel, and using one of the wheels bearings that come on a skateboard. Those first pair of Heelys needed some work, but when they eventually rolled into stores they sold out in a matter of minutes.
Since then, Heelys has gone on to sell millions of pairs of shoes in over 70 countries, allowing kids and adults to skate in malls, parking lots, or on pretty much any stretch of concrete they can find.