Update your classic nautical look with the new Outer Banks Boat Shoe by Sperry Top-Sider! An archive-inspired look with modernized features, the Outer Banks features soft salt-washed twill uppers with dual gore design for easy on and off and molded Wave-Siping™ soles for premium wet and dry traction. Available online at Journeys.com!
- Relaxed salt-washed twill upper
- Breathable textile lining
- Hidden elastic side gore for easy on and off
- Removable full-length EVA footbed provides all-day comfort
- Non-marking rubber lug sole with molded Wave-Siping™ delivers premium wet and dry traction
As Paul Sperry watched his cocker spaniel, Prince, run across the ice on a winter's day in Connecticut, he noticed his dog's amazing ability to maintain traction on the slippery surface. Turning over Prince's paw, he observed hundreds of tiny cracks and cuts going in all directions. These wave-like grooves became the inspiration for Mr. Sperry's latest patent, called Razor-Siping™. and were instrumental in maximizing the traction and performance of the Authentic Original Sperry Top-Sider first introduced in 1935. Since inventing the first boat shoe, our brand continues to share our "Passion for the Sea" with those who enjoy the good life in, on and around the ocean.