Slip on a laid-back take on seaworthy style with the new Striper II Casual Shoe from Sperry Top-Sider! Made with a premium leather upper, this lace-to-toe sneaker rocks rawhide laces with a hidden elastic gore and molded Wave-Siping™ for superior wet or dry traction.
- Premium leather upper with breathable textile lining
- Lightly-padded tongue and collar for added comfort and support
- Decorative rawhide laces
- Hidden elastic gore for easy on and off
- Cushioned footbed ensures lasting comfort
- Rubber toe bumper for increased impact resistance
- Non-marking rubber outsole with molded Wave-Siping™ for flexible, non-slip traction
As Paul Sperry watched his cocker spaniel, Prince, run across the ice on a winter's day in Connecticut, he noticed his dog's amazing ability to maintain traction on the slippery surface. Turning over Prince's paw, he observed hundreds of tiny cracks and cuts going in all directions. These wave-like grooves became the inspiration for Mr. Sperry's latest patent, called Razor-Siping™. and were instrumental in maximizing the traction and performance of the Authentic Original Sperry Top-Sider first introduced in 1935. Since inventing the first boat shoe, our brand continues to share our "Passion for the Sea" with those who enjoy the good life in, on and around the ocean.